Before going on a One-Day Bangalore City Sight-Seeing Trip Organized by KSTDC , I didn’t now much about Bangalore’s tourist places. So I was very happy, when I get to know that such options do exist and I would be able to cover most of things, if not everything, in and around bangalore and that too in a single day.
Here is how to go about planning your one-day bangalore city sight-seeing trip
- Take a printout of your booked-ticket(a copy of which is already sent to your email address) and also carry a valid identity proof(Voter ID, Pan Card, Driving License, Passport, Any type of i-cards issued by school/college/company) during the trip.
- Go to Badami House for pick up (preferably by 7:00am. Trip starts by 7.15 am and you should plan to be there 15 minutes in advance) .
- Enquire about the timing and vehicle-number of the bus, you are going to board, from the enquiry counter .
- Do carry some snacks items along side a bottle of water. Since breakfast and lunch are not included in the trip, its better to make your own arrangements.
- Remember, all entrance fees, if applicable, at the tourist places, will have to be borne by travelers booked on this tour. So do carry some cash with you :-). You should try to take about five-hundred to one-thousand rupees per head.
- If you are a student, do carry your identity card. At some-places, you will be surprised to see a discount of 50-75% on entry-fees !!
- Last but not the least enjoy the trip 🙂
Here are the pros and cons for this one-day sight-seeing tour.
- Save your time and money compared to other means of transport, say cars.
- For safety purposes, very good, especially for foreign-nationals and people who are new to this city
- You don’t have to worry about where to go 😉 You will go around the city, wherever the bus takes you !!
- You will not be able to spend much time at tourist-places, even if want to, because there are too many places to be covered in a single-day.
- Not all tourist places are included as part of this trip
- Far too many temples (as many as 3 of them). You wish at least one of them should not have been there and in stead, you would have been taken to other good places like Vidhana Soudha, Vishveshwarya science and technology museum.
Overall, a very good value-for-money not-too-tiring-and-taxing-on-pockets trip. Do share with me your experiences, if you happen to go for this trip !!