Ever wish you had a blogging assistant who helped you write posts that are full of great links, photos, and tags ?? Your wishes have already been granted, as WordPress Blogging Platform now supports Zemanta, the ultimate blogging assistant. Once you enable Zemanta, you’ll see several new widgets on your edit screen that lets you quickly add recommended links, photos, tags, and articles to your blog-post.
Followings are main features of Zemanta which you can use to make your job easier, while Blogging on WordPress.
1. Links Recommendations : Zemanta will try to link any of the words/set of words inside your Post to something on web. And it does in real time, so as and when you are writing, you can automatically link your content to other web-resources. From what I have seen, it mostly recommends Wikipedia articles, but I have also see it linking IMDB, MySpace, Twitter and Crunchbase Pages.
2. Tags Recommendations : It will analyze your post and will recommend you a set of Tags which are appropriate and may be applicable to your blog-post. You can selectively choose, which one to pick or you can just do a Select All.
3. Related Images : It will again look up on web and try to find out related images on Web based on your content and give you a list of images to choose. Clicking on any of the photos will automatically add them into your post, now is not that cool ??
4. Related Articles : It will look up on web and give you a list of all related articles. Clicking on any of them will automatically update your blog-post with a footer like the following
- No One Killed Jessica: of power & money
Note : All the screen-shots presented here are for a blog I wrote recently on “No One Killed Jessica Movie Review“.
In case you are not happy with the results, Zemanta is throwing for your blog-post, you can hit “refine” to see a new set of recommendations. And if you’ve changed the topic of your blog post, hitting “update” will give you new choices. You can use as many of the Zemanta recommendations as you like, or you can ignore all of them — totally up to you ! After all its yout blog, is not it 😉
How to Enable Zemanta For Your Blog : By default, Zemanta is turned OFF for your blog. To enable it, you have to do the following
Go to Dashboard -> Users -> Personal Setting. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will find a check box for Additional Post Content as shown below
Check the checkbox, Save changes and you are done. F rom your next post onwards, you will see all Zemanta recommendations on your Edit post page. So enjoy not having to write down Tags and Adding Hyperlinks and let Zemanta do it for you :-), that too for free 😉