As you already know, it is too difficult and involves a lengthy process to enquire about your own PF (Provident Fund) Account. I have already mentioned it at length in one of my earlier blog posts. But, finally some good news for PF account holder. After first announcing it almost 2 years back, EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization) has finally said that starting 1st July 2011, PF (Provident Fund) Account related information is just a mouse click away from you, as it will be available online via an SMS to your mobile. PF(Provident Fund) related information will also include the latest transaction regarding your PF account like settlement/transfer-in/transfer-out, your current balance, employer’s contribution etc. However, this facility will be available only for a certain region of the country, at present it is available for Delhi North, Delhi South, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Laxmi Nagar (Delhi), Faridabad and Karnal. Although, they have announced that very soon this service will be available for remaining PF offices as well.
For knowing the PF account details, please follow the following set of steps.
- Go to site http://www.epfindia.com/MembBal.html.
- Select the regional PF office, where your account is maintained.
- Enter the establishment code (maximum 7 digits), extension field and account number(maximum 7 digits). If there is no extension it can be left blank.
- Now enter the name and mobile number and submit. Once done, all the relevant information with regards to your PF (Provident Fund) Account will be sent to you by SMS.
Hopefully, this initiative will please the PF Account Holders, who for long have been crying for more transparency and accessibility from government offices, in this case EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization)
- Watch PF account details online now! (mathilic.wordpress.com)
- Online PF account details from July 1 (thehindu.com)